Sunday 30 October 2016

Autumn/Winter Beauty Essentials

Hate to say it but summer is over! But that means clearing out your make-up and everyday wear bag and swapping some essentials


Exfoliate! Exfoliate! Exfoliate!

As soon as the heaters come on my skin gets so dry! So i like to scrub away that dry skin and exfoliate regularly (2-3 times a week) followed by a rich moisturiser. I use Frank Body coconut coffee scrub which smells delicious and is made from natural ingredients and also use Soap & Glory's flake, it smells so good and leaves my skin feeling silky smooth. For my face i use Murad Exfoliating Cleanser it's not too harsh and it gets all the dead skin off and leaves my face feelings smooth.






Switch up your moisturiser

I absolutely LOVE the Murad skincare, i have been using the Murad Essential C Day Moisture  all summer to keep my skin all one tone. However, for the winter, although i have oily skin, i need something a little more rich to keep certain areas hydrated and moisturised. I have been using Hydro-Dynamic Quenching Essence, it leaves my skin feeling refreshed and hydrated throughout the day. 




Bring out your dark side

The only thing i love about winter is that i can finally wear dark shades. I love switching up my wardrobe and matching my nails and lips with it. My all time favourite lipstick for the winter has to be Mac Diva! I love this colour it really compliments the olive skin tone and doesn't leave your lips feeling dry. For my nails i use the Max Factor "Ruby Fruit" its the perfect colour and lasts around 3-4 days without chipping. 




Supplements

According to health officials, everyone in the UK should take vitamin D supplements throughout the autumn and winter months, because we don’t get enough sunlight and it’s difficult to reach the recommended daily intake from food sources alone. Low vitamin D levels can lead to a number of health problems, so it’s worth checking in with your GP to see if you could benefit from daily supplements. And, along with vitamin D, I also take vitamin C and zinc throughout autumn/winter to keep my immune system strong.




Pucker Up

I dont know about others but my lips in the winter intend to get so dry! I always switch up my lip products, i like to use Vaseline the pink because it keeps my lips soft and reduces the creases and also makes it look like you're wearing lipgloss. The Organic Pharmacy is another brand i recently tried because they use all organic and natural products. The lipbalm is made from shea butter and Acai to keep the lips soft. However it is a bit too watery and you have to keep reapplying. 




No comments:

Post a Comment